Our goal is to engage with stakeholders from each country, to foster cross-country learning about best practice, and to encourage dialogue and sharing of ideas.
To help us with the task of making our findings relevant and useful to policy makers, we will be working with a number of experienced and well-connected individuals from the media, various levels of government, third sector organisations and community/activist groups. Examples include:
- Rt Hon Lord David Blunkett: formerly Education and Employment Secretary, Home Secretary and Work and Pensions Secretary in Prime Minister Tony Blair's Cabinet, Lord Blunkett is now an active member of the UK House of Lords and Professor of Politics in Practice at the University of Sheffield. Lord Blunkett help us extend the reach of our project to relevant stakeholders in the UK and beyond.
- Geir Toskedal is a member of the Norwegian Parliament (Stortinget) representing Christian Democrats (KrF), part of the coalition government. He has been a member of the Labor and Social Committee, the Municipal Committee, and has been a spokesman for immigration policy for KrF.
- Nancy Herz, an acclaimed Norwegian human rights activist and author, who will help us stimulate public debate in Norway in particular.
- Pia Buhl Girolami, Specialist Director at the Integration Department in Norway, has also accepted to be a member of the Stakeholder Advisory Group. This department belongs to the Ministry of Education and Research in Norway.
- Zanib Rasool, MBE, Partnership and Development Manager for Rotherham United Community Sports Trust who work and support a number of migrants groups in Rotherham and can offer support to the research and provide added value of experiences of working directly with migrants at the grassroots neighbourhood level and provide connections with community networks.
- Glenny Jelstad from the Planning Department in Drammen Municipality who has extensive experience of working on immigration issues.
- Nina Gran, Yngve Carlsson, and Jan Erik Innvaer, Chief adviser, Special adviser, and Regional Director respectively in NALRA (Norwegian Association of Local and Regional Authorities (KS)).
- Waheed Akhtar, Voluntary Sector Liaison Officer and Jackie Mould, Head of Performance, Intelligence and Improvement at Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council both of whom are extremely well connected with community representatives and workers in Rotherham.
- Malin Lagerwall, Head of Comprehensive Planning in the City of Umea, Sweden;
- Pernilla Jonsson, Head of the Analysis Unit of the Church of Sweden.
- United World Colleges who run pioneering educational initiatives in Wales and Norway to unite peoples of different ethnicity, religion, countries of origin etc..
- Anna Round, Senior Research Fellow for IPPR North (Institute for Public Policy Research North), a leading progressive UK think-tank, will help us develop policy proposals based on our research.
- Malin Lagerwall, Head of Comprehensive Planning in Umea is exceptionally supportive of our proposal: he has suggested multiple ways to embed our research in the local policy and practice, providing an outstanding opportunity for impact.
- Mark Tuckett, Assistant Director of Public Service Reform, Sheffield City Council.